I am a Hawke's Bay based mobile personal trainer. I have been involved in many aspects of strength and conditioning, including self defense for seniors and older adults for over 20 years. I have worked with an array of acute and chronic medical conditions, whether psychological or physical, from dementia and depression to strokes and Arthritis.
Maintaining strength and reducing falls in older adults and seniors is of utmost importance, and being able to guide someone on a path that ultimately allows them to lead a better quality of life is a huge responsibility and a wonderful accomplishment.
- Abnormal Psychology
- 3rd Dan black belt (prob) in Tae Kwon Do/Tai Juan Dao.
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation (BRS)
- Diploma in Sports Studies (Dip Sp St)(Otago)
- Diploma in Fitness and Nutrition (ICS)
- FISAF Certified Personal trainer (PT)
- Fit link Certificate in Working with Older Adults
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certificate in Metabolic and Neurological Conditions
- ACE Senior Exercise Specialist
- REPS Registered / comprehensive first aid
- Working with Older Adults 50 plus
- Specialized senior fitness (group & 1-on-1)(strength & balance) 65 plus
- Core conditioning/Functional Strength
- Strength training and muscle building
- Small Group strength & conditioning
- Lower Back Rehabilitation
- Shoulder Rehabilitation
- Working with Arthritis